Are you moving to a new location? Your move may be to change careers, to avoid people and find new ones, or to set a new beginning. There are different reasons why people move, but between those are the tasks you should do. For one, you should choose your moving company and notify some people that you’re changing your address.
Companies or People You Should Inform
- Notify the post office. Visit the local post office to fill out their change of address form. You need this form to request for mail forwarding.
- Another one is the IRS. Avoid skipping taxes by getting informing the agency you’re moving. You can do this by going to their website, filling out a form, and mailing the form to them. Make sure to follow up to know if they received your mail.
- Inform your bank and credit card companies about your move. They might need you to update your online account. You should also update your address for your investment accounts and retirement funds.
- Don’t move without ensuring you have utility lines. Request an early service schedule from the utility companies for your new home. You might also consider requesting a later shut-off of the utility service in your old home. This way, you still have service during the move.
- You can’t go to your old doctor when you move. Chances are, you’re a couple of hours away and it’s more suitable to find a nearer physician. That said, look for new physicians or ask for referrals. You can then request for the transfer of your medical history after that.
- Other agencies you should notify are Social Security, Medicaid, or Medicare. You should also notify your cellphone provider and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Inform your change of address if you have magazine subscriptions. You may also want to inform organizations you belong to.
- The last one you shouldn’t forget is to change your voting address.
Choosing the Right Moving Company
After notifying all the companies and people you need to inform, you must now think about the moving company. One of the things you should consider is the people handling your stuff. There can be lots of things going on during the moving day. If you think you’ll need help, you should check local moving services in your Marietta, GA area. These trained moving staff knows how to take care of your belongings no matter how fragile they are. They have packing materials in case you run out. They are respectful so you can feel at ease during your move.
Do you have some items that need to go to the storage? If you do, then you must choose a moving company with storage. It’s easier to get two services from one company. Most of all, you should secure your items. For that, you need security in the storage facility and during the move.
You can make your move a pleasant one when you prepare well. Notifying who you need to decreases your stress during moving day. Aside from that, you don’t have to come back anymore just to inform them. The moving company is also very important. Fix these two ahead of time so you only have to think about packing after that.